The admission requirements for the Master’s degree course in Informatik / Computer Science are governed by Section 3 of the Examination Regulations (for further information, please see the Documents section). Under these regulations, you are required to have completed a bachelor’s degree or Diplom in the field of computer science or a field closely related to computer science. Your final grade should be at least the German grade of gut (good) or the recognised foreign equivalent thereof.
In individual justified cases, it is possible to deviate from this regulation. If you believe this may apply to you, please contact the course advisor for more information.
For the Master of Computer Science / Computer Science, the following basics from a Bachelor's degree must be proven:
- Software Engineering. In particular, this includes extensive programming skills and experience in software planning and quality assurance.
- Technologies of Computer Science. This includes central concepts and systems such as databases, operating systems and computer architectures.
- Theoretical Informatics.
With regard to the language requirements for English-language courses at the University of Applied Sciences Bingen, a language certificate at English language level B2 is required, which must be proven as follows:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Internet based (0-120 Pkt.) Min. 72 Pts.
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) Listening and Reading (10-990 Pkt.) Min. 785 Pts.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Min. Grade 5.5 IELTS