University degree in Bingen

How to apply

The Central Student Advisory Office (Zentrale Studienberatung) and the Academic Advisory Office (Fachstudienberatung) of the respective degree courses are responsible for advising prospective (international) students. You can find contact persons on the pages of the respective degree courses.

Choose a degree programme or a double degree programme that corresponds to your interests, and check whether you fulfil the requirements for studying at Bingen UAS. In addition to the requirements for prospective international students, also be sure to check the general admission requirements (e.g. any internships that may be required before starting your studies). Please only apply if you are able to provide proof that you possess the necessary language skills.

If you fulfil the requirements for studying at Bingen UAS and have decided on a degree course, the next step is to apply online. Please note the respective application deadlines. In cooperation with the departments, the staff at the Registrar’s Office process and review your application, and are responsible for admissions to courses.

Language requi­re­ments

Please note that most courses in our degree programmes are taught in German. Before applying, please check whether your desired course of study is taught in Englisch or German and what language skills you will have to prove.

The following can be submitted as proof of language skills: 

Continue reading
  • German Language University Entrance Test (DSH) with an overall mark of at least DSH-2
  • German as a foreign language test (TestDaF) with a mark of at least TDN 4 in all four sections
  • Successful completion of “telc German C1 Hochschule” exam qualification
  • Passing of the “German” test section of the assessment test of a “Studienkolleg” preparatory course
  • German Language Diploma from the German Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs - Level DSD II (exams for pupils in German at schools outside of Germany)
  • Goethe Certificate C2
  • For English Language you will find this information here soon.


Flags of different countries

Please note the following important information:

We regret that we are unable to accept certificates and verifications other than those listed above as proof of language proficiency for studying at Bingen UAS.

Additional information on language requirements and examinations can be found at the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and at Studying in Germany. Bingen UAS does not offer DSH preparation courses or exams for applicants.

Academic requi­re­ments

Anyone who wishes to study at a German university needs what is called a higher education entrance qualification (HZB). With the higher education entrance qualification, applicants prove that they are entitled to study in Germany on the basis of their prior schooling.

A foreign higher education entrance qualification qualifies applicants to study at a German institution of higher education, provided that the foreign proof of education is recognised as a higher education entrance qualification in Germany.

Hand signing a paper
Is my higher education entrance quali­fi­cation recog­nised as suffi­cient for studying at Bingen Technical University of Applied Sciences?

Whether your higher education entrance qualification is sufficient is examined individually during the application process, and is subject to a processing fee of 30 Euros. We are unable to make any individual statements in advance about the recognition of your higher education entrance qualification (without having received an application and proof of payment of the processing fee). However, you can find out about the basic recognition of your higher education entrance qualification in Germany on the website of the DAAD. This information is based on the anabin database of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZaB).

If your foreign higher education entrance qualification is not sufficient for direct admission to a degree course in Germany, you have the option of attending a preparatory course. There, together with other students from abroad, you will acquire the academic and cultural prerequisites needed to study successfully in Germany. The preparatory courses generally end after one year with an assessment test. After successfully passing the test, graduates can study anywhere in Germany in the subjects that correspond to the subject they have attended.

In Rhineland-Palatinate, two preparatory courses prepare students for the assessment test:

Questions? Do not hesitate to contact us.

Berlinstraße 109, 55411 Bingen am Rhein, Deutschland
Gebäude 5, Room 321
T.+49 6721 409 500
F. +49 6721 409 178
g id="TH-Bingen_Icon_arrow_02">